By JoAnne Funch
10 LinkedIn marketing tips that once implemented give you a distinct competitive advantage.
LinkedIn remains the #1 social media platform for professionals to connect, engage and grow their business and brand. Whether you work for a company or yourself, LinkedIn is the place to be for B2B connections, leads and sales. I have compiled the top 10 LinkedIn marketing tips for the start of 2019.
1. Update Your Profile (Even if you think it doesn’t need it)
Every year it’s a good habit to update your LinkedIn profile. Simply by refreshing your profile it appears differently to people – relevant! Your ideal clients, referral partner and colleagues are all looking and how you show up on your profile matters and could mean more opportunities. Here are the areas I would focus on:
• Update your professional photo – remember, first impressions matter
• Create a custom cover image for the top of your profile – think of this as a billboard for your brand
• Review your headline. We have seconds to attract someone to our profile, thus your headline must be compelling and attract those you want to connect with.
• Contact information: be sure it is updated and includes your website, email at a minimum
• Review your summary – this is where you share your career story and let people in to who you are, what makes you credible and interesting. You have 2000 character, use the space wisely.
2. Clean Up Your Network Connections
Chances are you have dozens or more connections you don’t know. It worth a little effort to disconnect from people you don’t know or haven’t communicated with. This matters because LinkedIn decides (or the algorithm decides) which of your connections will be seeing your content. Why take the chance that the wrong people are seeing what you post versus people you want to influence when you post.
It’s also good to get in the habit of being more intentional with developing a network and nurturing your key connections. Having more people isn’t better if you never communicate with them.
3. Clean up and Train the Newsfeed
People like to complain about posts they see in the newsfeed of their home page, but did you know you have some control over what you see? Next time you see a post that you don’t want to see or from someone who is annoying because they overpost, go to the 3 dots in the upper of the post and from the drop-down menu choose ‘Hide this post.’
The more posts you hide you can train the LinkedIn algorithm to stop showing you posts from a particular person or content posts you don’t care about. Also note, from the drop-down menu you can choose ‘Unfollow’ if the post is from someone you are connected to and you no longer want to see their posts in your newsfeed.
Think of this clean up as a strategy to train the system to show you post from people and organizations you actually care about and want to engage with. I hope you will …read more
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider