Creating an online store is easier today than ever before. With eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce and Shopify, you can build a website in no time and start selling. But running an eCommerce business isn’t as simple as putting some products up on a website and waiting for the magic to happen.
You need to put in some work in order to get shoppers to your site, convince them to buy, and get them to return to your site again and again. So, if you’re a beginner who’s never had an eCommerce business before, how is it done?
Check out these five tips for how to run a successful eCommerce business.
1. Focus on the user experience.
One of the first steps to running a successful eCommerce business is to build an eCommerce website. When building your eCommerce website, it’s important to focus on the user experience. Since your customers don’t have the ability to walk into your store and physically see and touch the products you’re selling, you want to make up for that by designing your site to be easy and enjoyable to use.
There are a number of factors to consider when building a website with the user in mind including:
- Easy Website Navigation – Users should be able to find their way around your site easily from browsing product categories to checking out.
- Mobile-Friendly – Many consumers shop online right from their mobile phones and tablets, so your site needs to be mobile-friendly.
- Fast Page Load Times – 53 percent of people will leave a mobile page if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load. So, make sure to boost your website speed with these tips.
- Visually Appealing – Your site also needs to be visually appealing to users with eye-catching, quality images of your products. You can use a WordPress theme to get a professional site in an instant.
A site that users enjoy visiting is one that they’ll return to over and over again.
2. Drive traffic to your site.
Now that you’ve built an awesome eCommerce website that your future customers will love, the next step to running a successful eCommerce business is to drive traffic to your site. After all, if you don’t have visitors to your website, you won’t have any customers, will you?
There are a number of ways you can drive traffic to your eCommerce site. But for beginners, two of the easiest and most cost-effective strategies are optimizing your site for SEO and creating content. Optimizing your site for SEO will help your website rank higher in search engine results and creating content like blog posts will help with that as well. Crafting useful, entertaining blog posts, like gift guides for example, that include keywords your audience would be searching for, will help your site get found by more online shoppers. More traffic means more customers for you.
3. Get social.
Speaking of driving traffic to your eCommerce site…you also need to get social. Your audience is on social media, so your eCommerce business needs to be there too. …read more
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider