In 2005, when I was 10 years old, a kid from my neighborhood was bear hugging a fallen tree trunk that bridged across our creek and yelled, “I better not see this on YouTube!”
That was the first time I’d ever heard of YouTube. And it definitely wasn’t the last time I’d hear about it. YouTube has experienced explosive growth since it was founded in an office garage in 2005. Just one year after its inception, it was attracting more than 65,000 new video uploads and 100 million video views per day. A couple of months later, the high-growth startup was acquired for over $1 billion by a titan in the tech industry — Google.
Since then, YouTube has opened up avenues for brands to advertise on their videos and, in turn, let content creators earn a living just by making videos. This potential for monetization has incentivized content creators to craft the most engaging videos possible and host them on the platform, which has enabled YouTube to become the second most trafficked website and the second largest search engine in the world.
As a video marketer, you already know how crucial building a YouTube presence is for boosting your videos’ and brand’s visibility. But if you just started your brand’s YouTube channel or need some help convincing your boss to double down on your YouTube efforts, we’ve got you covered.
Check out these 51 stats about the platform’s mobile usage, its demographics, subscriber growth, general usage, and history that can help you build your YouTube following or persuade your boss to focus more of your efforts on the video platform.
51 YouTube Stats Every Video Marketer Should Know in 2019
How many videos are on YouTube?
1. Since 400 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute (and a lot of those videos violate YouTube’s guidelines and subsequently get taken down) it’s impossible to determine the exact number of videos hosted on the platform. However, over one billion hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day.
What is the most-watched video on YouTube?
2. “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee is the most-watched video on YouTube. It has received over 5.96 billion views in a little over two years.
How many people use YouTube?
3. YouTube has over 1.9 billion monthly active logged-in users.
YouTube Mobile Stats
4. On mobile devices alone, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18-49 during prime time than any cable network does in an average week.
5. 75% of adults report watching YouTube on their mobile devices.
6. More than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from mobile devices.
7. YouTube mobile ads are 84% more likely to hold attention than TV ads.
8. Over 50,000 years of product review videos have been watched on mobile devices over the past two years.
9. In …read more
Read more here:: hubspot