Although text-based content will always play an essential role in a marketing strategy, every successful inbound marketing campaign requires strong visuals to entice prospects.
If you’re brushing the thought aside and not totally sold on the importance of design and overall user experience, consider these simple facts:
- The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text and retains 80 percent of those visuals versus just 20 percent with text alone.
- 65 percent of people are visual learners.
- Tweets with images are retweeted 150 percent more than those without.
- Facebook posts with images get 53 percent more likes, 104 percent more comments, and 84 percent more click-throughs than those without.
- Articles (blogs) with images get 94 percent more views.
- Image-based apps like Instagram (111 million users), Snapchat (203 million users), and Pinterest (291 million users) are only growing in popularity.
Content with visuals is naturally more engaging and interesting for end users, and utilizing visuals in congruence with text can take your marketing to the next level.
If you don’t have a team of designers (hello, we’re an inbound marketing agency who can help) or the graphic design skills to create your own graphics, social media imagery, or e-book templates, Canva is a great solution.
What Is Canva?
Canva is a web-based content creation tool that doesn’t require any design skills other than a working mouse and some basic design knowledge.
With an enormous library of hundreds of templates for creating presentations, social media graphics, posters, flyers, invitations, and thousands of high-quality design elements (think fonts and stock photos), and an easy-to-use dashboard—almost anyone can use Canva to create fabulous visual elements to incorporate into their marketing strategy without the costs associated with hiring a professional graphic designer.
- Pricing Model: Free; Premium plans start at $12.95 per month
- Devices: Desktop, Apple iOS Mobile App
- Ideal Business Size: Small to medium-sized businesses
- Supported Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
What Are Canva’s Main Features?
Canva has dozens of features, including a collaborative workspace, drag-and-drop functionality, a library of stock images, photo editing tools, icons, shapes, and an extensive collection of fonts.
(I was a Photoshop snob for about a decade before completely adopting Canva, and I use every single one of these features when launching new inbound marketing campaigns.)
One of your staff members managed to get a shot of the entire team at your quarterly meeting, and the photo is perfect for your next blog post. But there’s one problem—it’s crooked. Nothing says low-budget and unprofessional more than a slanted photo.
With Canva, this is a simple fix thanks to the easy-to-use photo straightener tool, which lets you line up everything perfectly, making your company look like the credible professional entity that it is.
What if you got that perfect team pic but the gourmet buffet everyone feasted on is in the background? Instead of wishing you had the funds for a professional photographer that would have framed your pic more ideally, utilize the cropping tool.
It not only …read more
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider