Online marketing refers to any form of marketing that happens on the internet. It involves a wide range of techniques and technologies such as social media, email, search engines and mobile devices.
The internet changed the way people engage with businesses and brands. Today, consumers use platforms like social media and search engines to research information about products and services before making final decisions.
For marketers and businesses, online marketing provides a great way to connect with customers and prospects through cost-effective personalised communication.
In this article, you’ll find 10 of the most effective online marketing strategies and tactics that work in 2018 and beyond.
Content marketing is a form of marketing that focuses on creating, publishing and distributing valuable content in order to inform, attract and convert prospects into customers.
Content marketing is one of the most powerful online marketing techniques. It has many benefits and can help you:
- Build trust and rapport with your audience
- Become an authority in your space
- Generate leads and online sales
- Reach more customers
- Increase brand awareness, and much more
Search Engine Optimisation
SEO is an online marketing technique that focuses on gaining relevant traffic from search engines to your website. Some of the biggest search engines are Google, YouTube, Bing and Yahoo.
Every business or entrepreneur on the internet can benefit from SEO. Here are some reasons why:
- Potential customers and buyers are using search engines every day
- Traffic from search engines consists of people who are already interested in your products and services since they’re actually searching for solutions to the problem you solve.
- An effective SEO strategy will save you from spending on paid advertisement
- SEO can help build trust and credibility with your audience
- For most websites, search engine traffic has the best conversion rates
- It’s easy to track and measure SEO results
Social Media Marketing
Social media is the child of the World Wide Web. According to Statista, a leading provider of market and consumer data, the number of worldwide users is expected to reach some 3.02 billion monthly active social media users by 2021.
With such incredible statistics, social media is a powerful way to for marketers to connect with prospects and customers. It can help you:
- Increase website traffic
- Increase brand awareness
- Gain leads and conversions
- Improve communication and interaction with your audience
Marketing automation refers to software platforms and technologies used to automate repetitive marketing tasks such as sending emails, managing a help desk ticketing system, managing some aspects of your website, managing social media platforms, customer relationships and much more.
Marketing automation improves productivity and workflows. It also makes it easy to measure your online marketing campaigns.
With influencer marketing, you focus your marketing activities around individuals who have influence over potential buyers. An influencer can be a celebrity, blogger or a social media user who has significant engagement with their audience.
Here’s a good example of influencer marketing. In 2014, “YouTube celebrity PewDiePie teamed up with the creators of a horror film set in the French catacombs under Paris, creating a series of videos in …read more
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider