By Judy Caroll
Companies in the financial services industry really know their stuff, but when it comes right down to lead generation and appointment setting, some of them need to brush up on the most important marketing strategies to leverage.
In any case, financial services are a hard sell for the reason that potential clients are usually particular in the type of service they want to purchase.
According to Experian.co.uk, financial businesses are facing three marketing challenges and these are:
- Keeping up with the latest Financial Services marketing regulation – keep the customer first
- Encouraging loyalty and retention within Financial Services
- Making inroads into new markets within Financial Services
These, are also the reasons why companies selling financial services are finding more effective strategies to increase their product’s profitability and, more importantly, nurture client relationships that can last a long time.
On this note, let us fill you in on what you can do t improve your lead generation – using the old strategies! We’re not kidding. Apparently, from what we can observe with the marketing campaigns we are handling, old school lead generation still has enough fire to keep the sales pipeline alive and kicking with high quality financial leads.
It’s just a matter of deciding whether or not to apply them in your current campaign and see where the old dog takes you.
92% Of All Customer Interactions Happen Over The Phone. (Source: www.thebrevetgroup.com)
We know what you’re thinking: We have smart devices at our disposal. So, why should we settle for such a prehistoric strategy as cold calling? Well, be it as it may, cold-calling seems to be an outdated channel for getting the kind of financial leads you want. Still, B2B telemarketing in general is still as efficient as it was before.
And this is because decision-makers in the financial services industry demand quality interactions with a marketing representative. In particular, there are still high-level managers (and there is a lot of them) who prefer receiving calls to reading a long Facebook post or a newsletter. For this to work out well for you, of course you need to partner up with a company that knows telemarketing like it knows the financial services sector.
Going to events with other financial services enterprises? Sounds like a good plan. But here’s why you should dip your toes on it.
According to marketeer.kapost.com, trade shows generate the highest lead quantity and quality.
- 83% of the attendees have some kind of buying power
- 85% of decision makers say attending trade shows saves their company time and money by bringing vendors together under one roof
- 79% of the attendees say that attending shows helps them decide on what products to buy
- 91% of attendees say that trade shows impact their buying decisions because the competition is in one place allowing for comparison shopping in real time
- 85% of an exhibitor’s success lies in the performance of the staff