JillWellington / Pixabay
Valentine’s Day happens every year on February 14th, it is considered the most romantic holiday of the year.
The actual history of Valentine’s Day involves a Christian martyr, St. Valentine of Rome.
Saint Valentine of Rome was martyred on February 14 in AD 269. The Feast of Saint Valentine, also known as Saint Valentine’s Day, was established by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496 to be celebrated on February 14 in honor of the Christian martyr. (Wikipedia)
In modern times, Valentine’s Day has become a celebration of love.
Valentine’s Day generates a lot of money and interest, here are some of the most notable statistics on this holiday:
- 73% of consumers surveyed consider Valentine’s Day an excellent time to show friends and family they love them.
- Valentine’s Spending is estimated to reach $27.4 billion in 2020.
- It is estimated that consumers will spend $14.1 billion on a significant other/spouse in 2020.
- The average man plans to spend $339 on their partner.
- The average woman plans to spend $64 on their partner.
- 86% of millennials age 23 to 29 are most likely to spend money on Valentine’s Day.
- 13% of consumers plan to purchase gifts for friends.
- 31% of Valentine’s purchases come from discount stores.
- 28% of Valentine’s purchases come from online stores.
- Over half of American consumers plan to use their phones to make purchasing decisions for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is particularly popular on Social Media. People use Social Media to connect with others, it is a place to customize how you feel. Thus, Valentine’s Day tends to create a flurry of activity on the Social Networks.
In 2019 between February 9 and 15, just 7 days, Valentine’s Day had
- 231,000 mentions on Facebook
- 13,000 mentions on Twitter
- 3,000 mentions on Instagram
The top trending hashtags on Twitter on past Valentine’s Days included:
- #valentinesday, 59%
- #love, 23%
- #datenight, 10%
- #romance, 9%
Other notably used hashtags include:
Three noteworthy Valentine’s Campaigns from big business this year:
- Dunkin’ Donuts Dunkin Their Way to Our Hearts
- eHarmony – Getting Back to the Basics of Valentine’s Day
- Nina Ricci – Best Friends Over Boyfriends!
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider