By BeHai Ligas
Are you ready to make the leap from a basic email service provider (ESP) to a full-fledged marketing automation platform (MAP)?
Have you thought about it but just aren’t sure if you need to commit to a MAP?
Here are some questions to consider:
- Are your newsletters not performing?
- Do you feel online marketing is more of a chore than an engagement driver?
- Are you bogged down in a ton of manual processes just to send out a single email campaign?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may need a marketing automation system. But, here’s the exciting news – marketing automation can take your marketing efforts to the next level!
- 79% of top-performing companies have been using marketing automation for three or more years. (Venture Harbour, 2017)
- Marketers say that the biggest benefit of automation is saving time. (Venture Harbour, 2017)
- Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or more bump in revenue in 6-9 months time. (Strategic IC, 2017)
- Businesses who nurture leads make 50% more sales at a cost 33% less than non-nurtured prospects. (Strategic IC, 2017)
We’re not discounting ESP’s – they serve a useful purpose. They’re cheap (or free) and they allow you to cultivate lists of emails. But always remember that you get what you pay for. In order to make the leap to the next level in business, you need more than the generic services and metrics that an ESP provides.
If you want to get to the head of the pack, you need to embrace technology. In fact, businesses are currently adopting MAPs very aggressively. You need to do the same in order to keep up with your competition.
The essential difference between an email tool like MailChimp (your standard ESP) and a MAP lies in the amount of data you can collect on potential prospects and the ability to use that data to customize your customers’ journeys.
Here’s a table that breaks it down for you:
|Email Service Provider||Marketing Automation Platform|
|✓ Batch & Blast email sends||✓ Automate Email Nurture|
|✓ Email Metrics||✓ ROI Metrics|
|✓ Manual List Management||✓ Dynamic List Segmentation|
|✓ Simple Opt-in||✓ Preference Center|
|✓ Multi-Channel Campaigns|
|✓ Landing Page + Forms|
With a MAP, you’re not just sending emails anymore – hoping they strike the right nerve with your customers. A MAP gives you the information you need to nurture your prospects and add dynamic content to your emails.
So, what happens when you graduate from an ESP to a MAP? It’s important to recognize that you’re not just graduating your technology – you’re also graduating your strategy. You’re moving everything to the next level! This is important because if you just keep doing the same thing over and over, you cannot expect to grow.
Here are some of the things you can expect when you’re migrating from an Email Service Provider (ESP) to a Marketing Automation Platform (MAP):
1. The ability to segment lists becomes dynamic.
No longer is your email list static. No more manual updates to each and …read more
Read more here:: B2CMarketingInsider